Plant Manager- Texas
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for effectively planning, directing, and coordinating all production and support activities to ensure customer needs and financial objectives are met.
- Actively participates in strategic selling initiatives, for the purpose of driving profitable top-line growth.
- Leads process improvement efforts and drives implementation of strategic corporate initiatives through the organization.
- Tracks and reports Key Performance Indicators consistent with the requirements of the corporation. Reports on site specific activities and performance. Provides periodic updates and special status reports as requested by management.
- Leads the development and evaluation of the managers and employees of the business. Using systematic performance management approaches, works to develop and retain key employees. Uses legal and fair methods to address underperformers, providing clear requirements and a opportunity to improve prior to disciplinary action.
- Utilizes quality standards as a structure to manage the business. Establishes and tracks quality and cost improvement programs. Researches, plans, and controls reduction in costs on existing products with constant focus on continuous improvement programs.
- Oversees production activities. Identifies needed labor and ensures that the necessary effort is applied in production areas to ensure correct flow to meet the production schedule
- Assists with establishing operating budgets for all areas within the production group. Monitors and controls direct and indirect costs of expense and capital budgets to meet business plan objectives.
- Actively enforce safety rules and guidelines.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and have shown results in process improvement and lean management approaches.
- The ability to build and develop an effective leadership team is critical to success.
- Must have a full understanding of financial principles related to manufacturing and be able to apply that understanding to the effective management of company resources.
- Must be data-driven and be able to focus on the most important indicators of success.
- Must be fully conversant in quality systems, including ISO and AS standards. The plant manager should have the ability to manage the business using the approaches outlined in these quality standards, rather than considering them to be another task on the list of things to accomplish.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or a business-related field.
- Minimum of eight (10) years of manufacturing and operations experience in a management or supervisory role. Aerospace and/or Defense experience required. MRO experience a plus.