Chief Marketing Officer
The CMO is directly responsible for the development and execution of the company’s brand and product management, marketing strategy, and eCommerce strategy. This position is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing programs to drive brand awareness and sales through multiple channels, including retail, wholesale and digital and new product development efforts. The CMO is responsible for creative initiatives to continually position the company’s brand as a leader in the home décor industry and to the consume
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage and lead a team of professionals responsible for brand/product development, graphic design and eCommerce. (New Product Development, Digital Marketing, Website, SEO, Paid and Social Media)
- Develop, coordinate and execute lead generation plans, programs and campaigns for new customer acquisition to drive enhanced revenue from existing customer base from concept through execution.
- Collaborate closely with sales to define new campaigns to define and accelerate the sales funnel.
- Oversee product portfolio management for all categories
- Direct and develop an effective product development program to increase revenue for new and current products.
- Responsible for development of product pricing and ownership of gross margin.
- Own the SKU rationalization and life cycle management process across all product categories.
- Develop product packaging, including product names and product descriptions, along with managing the market research and lab testing needed to support messaging and claims.
- Responsible for management of the company website, including content strategy, merchandising, asset development, and execution of promotional activity
- Complete ownership and management of the Marketing, Product Development and eCommerce budgets and P&L.
- Development of eCommerce customer acquisition models for all channels, including paid search, organic search, email management, affiliate management, and PLA.
- Responsible for management of internal eCommerce team, website team and outside agencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s required
- 15 + years of experience with the majority spent in marketing
- Cut and sew consumer product experience
- Proven experience with creating digital marketing campaigns and utilizing multiple platforms and channels to build brand awareness, engage new and existing customers and increase conversion via site, store and other potential points of purchase
- Content and social marketing experience
- Branded goods and private label experience
- Combination of an analytical mindset with a creative eye
- Proven experience with being hands-on to deliver work product, and success with small teams
- Inspirational Leader who has “been there and done that” in terms of building and inspiring high-performance teams at all levels
- Excellent communication and writing skills – ability to communicate forthcoming campaigns and results to sales, the company executive team, and the Private Equity executive team members
- Previous experience with M&A and Private Equity preferred
- Must be able to remain in stationary sitting or standing position for extended periods of time
- The person in this position will often move about inside the office and warehouse locations to access file cabinets, office machinery, conduct meetings, etc.
- Ongoing daily activity operating a computer and other similar productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, computer, printer etc.
- Constantly positions oneself to maintain ability to move and change positions, while sitting or stooping, or crouching etc. as required
- Ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information with others throughout entire work day and if required beyond work day as necessary
- Ability to work extended and flexible hours when needed, including overtime without restrictions and possible weekend days
- Ability to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, assess as required
- Ability to work with temperatures of typical office climate and environment
- Occasionally the employee may be required to lift or carry 10-50 lbs.